Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Campus Visit

Paid my 1st visit to the campus today and enrolled myself in Huaqiao University for Chinese Language course.

Then, I went to check out the dormitory and my room! And...sad to say...my room sucks. So disappointed. I was expecting something better since the exterior design of the uni looks darn nice. The dormitories and rooms in UNMC are wayyyy........BETTER lor...

They first gave me the key to my 1st room, that was said to be in a newer dorm and was highly recommended by the staff. So, in our mind, 'new' is definitely always = to cleaner, better rooms. However, the place turns out to be very stuffy, filthy and dodgy looking. My excitement and enthusiasm to get into this uni suddenly just crash flat like pancake. I was like...."OH NOoooooOooo........."

So, I then requested to check out the so-called 'older' dorm, WHICH appears to be NEWER compared to the newer one! I was fuming inside. I wonder if that uni staff wanted to trick me into getting this room? or was it just a pure mistake?

I can survive with my new room in the older block... but still it isn't that great. The washroom is too small...=/

Classes starting on 1st September. The classrooms are all right. Located next to a lake, environment is peaceful. Sorry people, no photos available to be posted yet. =p

At the moment, I'm back in my dad's house in Quanzhou. Don't wanna leave my comfort zone so soon yet. Will only leave and start staying in uni on the 30th. Guess what? my room mate from Philippines has the exact same name as mine! (Great! now I'm feeling so special) Luckily different surname. Hers is Chang Sook Leng. haha.

I was told that I won't be having any internet access for my first 2 weeks in campus. Again, "NoooooOoooooo!!!" Dunno if I can believe that particular staff again... If it's true I would online to the max when I got home to my dad's place during the weekends. haha.

Have to stop here now...gotta get my beauty sleep! And hey! One more thing... noticed that there are coffeehouse here in Xiamen already! hepi-nya~ XD lol.


2 comments:

Eric Thor said...

They must think you are foreigner so purposely tell you "new" when it is actually "old". If they don't try and push those lousy rooms to you, nobody would take what.... good thing you smart enough to see the other one.

Hahaha.... if I am in your Uni, I will purposely shout Sook Leng whenever your room mate is around... hehehe.

Auby C said...

Jeannieeeeeeee i missed u
come back quick ><
sobs
i wished 1 yr can go by in a blink